For everyone keeping up with Politics and Society in Africa, Dr. El-afandi has updated the course Syllabus. We will be using 3 books this semester:
- Understanding Contemporary Africa- 3rd ed. written by April and Donald Gordon.
- AIDS and South Africa: The Social Expression of a Pandemic by Kyle Kauffman and DAvid Lindauer
- Taking Sides: African Issues- 2nd ed. by William Moseley
You can get these books at the local bookstore or shop for them online.
Due dates to worry about:
- There are 3 exams Sept. 28, Oct 26, and Dec 13
- Chapeter summaries in the Moseley book are due every Tuesday (you need to do 12 before Dec 1)
- The AIDS and South Africa book report is due Dec 16